School of Accountancy & Finance
Developing professionals through education and research focused on leadership, professional responsibility and ethical behavior, in the accounting, financial, and legal aspects and practices in organizations, economies and societies.
* Students as our primary constituency.
* Preparation for life-long learning and an active learning environment.
* Academic freedom.
* Diversity in our students, faculty, and staff, as well as in ideas, roles, and responsibilities.
* Ethics, integrity, and openness as the cornerstones of our actions.
* The mutually supportive roles of teaching, research, and outreach.
* Quality research, consistent with teaching loads and research support, which influences the academy and the practice of the professions.
* Collegiality and interdisciplinary collaboration.
* Support for faculty and staff in their academic, professional, and personal development.
* Excellence and continuous improvement in all programs and processes.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting Graduates will be prepared to begin careers in corporate accounting and auditing, or pursue graduate study.
Bachelor of Science in Financial Management Graduates will have developed the necessary skills in gathering, analyzing, and communicating financial data as required for a successful career within the discipline.
Master of Professional Accountancy graduates will be prepared to begin
careers in public accounting, or pursue further graduate study.
Our academic programs enjoy a reputation for excellence, rigor, and relevance. In addition to AACSB Business Accreditation, since 1989 we have held AACSB Accounting Accreditation. AACSB International is the premier accrediting agency for management education and the only grantor of accounting accreditation.